Many adult patients desire a straighter smile. Some simply missed out on orthodontic treatment in their youth, while others have found their teeth have relapsed over the years despite undergoing months of brace wearing in their teens.
One of the most common reasons why adults hold back from seeking treatment for crooked teeth is the thought of having to wear visible braces. The beauty of Invisalign is that the clear aligners are almost invisible, meaning that no one needs to know you are even having treatment!
How does Invisalign work?
After a consultation, we will take X-rays and impressions of the teeth which are sent away to the dental laboratory where the custom-made aligners will be created.
Invisalign works by using a series of clear, comfortable, removeable aligners. The ability to take them out means that keeping them clean and maintaining an excellent oral health regime is easy. It also means patients can still enjoy their favourite foods, too.
Each set should be worn for 1-2 weeks (according to individual treatment plan and dentist’s instructions) in sequence. In this way, the teeth will gradually move into the desired position.
For best results, the aligners should be worn for 22 hours per day, removed only for eating and cleaning.
Patients will need to visit us every 6-8 weeks so that we can check progress and provide the next supply of aligners. It’s as simple as that!
The benefits of Invisalign
Here are just a few of the reasons why we think Invisalign is great for our patients:
- The clear aligners are discreet and almost invisible
- The aligners are comfortable to wear
- The ability to remove the aligners allows excellent oral hygiene to be maintained
- Patients can remove the aligners for eating
- Appointments are minimal so that patients don’t need to spend lots of time visiting us
- We can combine Invisalign treatment with further cosmetic dentistry, such as veneers, composite bonding, and tooth whitening
- Invisalign treatment is affordable with our payment plans.
If you would like to discuss any of our services please contact us by clicking here, or chat with us online. We also have a range of finance options to suit so please click here for our online calculator, and here if you wish to browse dentistry fee’s or here for fee’s on our facial aesthetics.
Other services that may be of interest: